1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
:: executed new risks. i made my mind up to turn a personal leaf, and i've found that it's not nearly as hard as i anticipated.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more in 2005?
:: i made the unoriginal resolution to take better care of my body, and i kept it up pretty well. earlier in the year i exercised everyday and ate better, and since moving to chicago i've been walking everyday and my income permits me to eat sparingly, so i've found that i'm in the condition that i was waaay back when i was a college freshman. i plan on making a new resolution...this time psychologically.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
:: yep. my soul sister shannon mcclure, now shannon kline, gave birth to little jehu. and then there my the cousins and all their new offspring.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
:: an aquaintence, cap'n. much closer to my sister.
5. What countries did you visit?
:: none, but next fall i'll be in italy!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
:: stronger awareness and better judgement in my new relationship with leslie.
7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
:: february 8: ramia's massive 150-person birthday bash. june: got some jarring medical news. getting updated this week. july 14: madonna. live. 'nuff said. september 6: moved to chicago.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
:: i had two. a) moving 500 miles from home to pursue a degree from a college that is well suited for it in chicago. b) finally having the personal strength to cut loose ends. perhaps a bigger achievement than moving, as far as effort is concerned.
9. What was your biggest failure?
:: allowing those loose strings tie me down longer than it was healthy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
:: we'll see this week. i also suffered countless bruises from all the wrastling i did last year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
:: a g5 imac. (maybe the most expensive!)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
:: my brother. my ex. grimprediction
when he gets that job. joe for winning $10k.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
:: republicans. my ex. joe for winning $10k. :P (easy money...i want it.)
14. Where did most of your money go?
:: my landlord and my school.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
:: seeing madonna in the flesh. making a huge step, location-wise. making a huge step emotion-wise. snuggling.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
:: "A Higher Place" by Royksopp.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Richer? well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
:: spent more time with my dad and my sister. saved more money. got my graphic design skillz out in the field.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
:: dwell and spend money.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
:: i went home for about a week and a half and spent christmas day with just my immediate family for the first time, ever. usually the extended family has a huge christmas gathering.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
:: in a manner of speaking.
23. How many one-night stands?
:: quite personal, no? i'm a lady, dammmit. i'll not disclose a number.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
:: will & grace and the l word. (what? you all *know* i'm a bigfatdyke.)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time of the year last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
:: ahhh...maybe indigo girls. [ i don't wanna hear any lip from you, noura. :P ]
28. What did you want and got?
:: a lot of things. new bonds, a fresh start, a new school, a new computer, freedom from car burdens...
29. What did you want and not get?
:: respect. a design job (yet!). money money money money....
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
:: kill bill?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
:: i turned 23 and spent the evening at a drag martini lounge with some amazing thespians. took a cab ride home with a one mrs. lovett, hilarious divine.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
:: morphed from post-partystyle-now-normal into chicago chic.
34. What kept you sane?
:: my experiences. definitely.
35. Who did you miss?
:: my family and friends back home. thankfully it's only a $100 hour ride!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
:: a) live for yourself, cause you're the only one who's going to be there for you. b) if you've got something and don't use it, you've got nothing.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.